- First Capital Connect - Customer Information System (CIS)
- London Underground - Runback Protection
- London Underground - SDO and CSDE
- London Underground Central Line Comms Control System Upgrade
- Network Rail - Sleeper Wagon Control Panels
- Nexus - Trainborne Trainstop Control
- Northern Rail Harrogate - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information Systems and Public Address Enhancements
- Southern Railway - Selective Door Opening (SDO)
- Trinity Rail - Automated Tipping Box Wagons
Application: Customer Information System (CIS)
Installation Area: Harrogate, North East England
Client: Northern Rail
SELLA CONTROLS has completed improvements to the Customer Information System (CIS) at Harrogate station for Northern Rail. We delivered new Long Line Public Address and information screens as part of Northern Rail’s long-term commitment to improve customer information for rail passengers at all its stations.
Harrogate station was previously served by a standalone control solution for CIS. This project involved connecting Harrogate to the Funkwerk system at Newton Heath and Northern Rail’s Central Operations Room in York. A Station Interface Unit (SIU) connects the station to the CIS servers via the existing secure IT network, allowing operational station staff to issue real time passenger information and automated public address announcements, using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology.
It is anticipated that there will be further station enhancement schemes. SELLA CONTROLS had a CIS service contract until 2013 with Northern Rail, for third line support services including 24/7 Telephone helpdesk, emergency engineers and support required for annual planned preventative maintenance activities and the two major timetable changes each year. SELLA CONTROLS supports Northern Rail’s operational personnel and nominated first line maintainer, responsible for day-to-day maintenance of station-based SIU equipment.
Please contact us for further information