- First Capital Connect - Customer Information System (CIS)
- London Underground - Runback Protection
- London Underground - SDO and CSDE
- London Underground Central Line Comms Control System Upgrade
- Network Rail - Sleeper Wagon Control Panels
- Nexus - Trainborne Trainstop Control
- Northern Rail Harrogate - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information Systems and Public Address Enhancements
- Southern Railway - Selective Door Opening (SDO)
- Trinity Rail - Automated Tipping Box Wagons
Application: Customer Information System (CIS) and Public Address (PA) Enhancements
Installation Area: Darwen, Wigan Wallgate and Rainhill stations, North West England
Client: Northern Rail
SELLA CONTROLS has commenced work on two projects to provide full design and delivery services for Customer Information System (CIS) and Public Address enhancements at three Northern Rail stations.
Under the first contract, SELLA CONTROLS is supplying new customer information screens and a new Public Address system at Darwen Station. On completion, Darwen Station will be connected to CIS Servers controlled from Northern Rail’s Operational Control Centre in Manchester via the ATOS station controller over the existing secure IT network. This architecture will provide operational personnel with the ability to provide real-time passenger information and automated public address announcements. SELLA CONTROLS will also be supplying new DDA-compliant induction loop technology.
Under a separate contract SELLA CONTROLS is improving the level of customer information at two additional stations in the North West: Rainhill and Wigan Wallgate. Again working in partnership with Northern Rail, the company is supplying new retail telecommunications equipment on behalf of Merseytravel and Northern Rail.
For both, stations SELLA CONTROLS is supplying new customer information screens controlled by the existing ATOS Origin CIS System installed at Newton Heath and operated from Northern Rail’s Operational Control Centre in Manchester. As with the enhancements to the CIS at Darwen Station, this will enable operational personnel to provide real-time passenger information and automated public address announcements.
The systems at the Rainhill and Wigan Wallgate stations are being delivered in parallel, affording the end client a number of cost-savings.
Please contact us for further information