- First Capital Connect - Customer Information System (CIS)
- London Underground - Runback Protection
- London Underground - SDO and CSDE
- London Underground Central Line Comms Control System Upgrade
- Network Rail - Sleeper Wagon Control Panels
- Nexus - Trainborne Trainstop Control
- Northern Rail Harrogate - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information Systems and Public Address Enhancements
- Southern Railway - Selective Door Opening (SDO)
- Trinity Rail - Automated Tipping Box Wagons
Application: Selective Door Opening and Correct Side Door Enabling
Installation Area: London Underground
Client: London Underground
SELLA CONTROLS was awarded a contract by Metronet Rail SSL (now owned by London Underground) for the design and supply of a selective door opening (SDO) and correct side door enabling (CSDE) system to ensure the correct amount of doors are enabled and the doors in the train adjacent to the platform are enabled. (Read the detailed case study here).
The system utilises SELLA CONTROLS' unique Tracklink III solution, which is the latest generation of Track to Train communication systems. The system comprises a passive beacon which is fixed to the platform, and train mounted equipment consisting of two antennas, Tracklink III reader and SIL2 programmable controller. The trackside beacon sends information regarding which side the platform is on and which doors should be opened, depending on the platform’s length. This is received by the antenna and the reader and the information is processed by the controller which opens the corresponding doors. The Tracklink III antenna, reader and controller installed on 191 new Bombardier trains and the passive trackside beacons is fitted on the Circle, District, Metropolitan and City lines.
This is the latest Metronet contract awarded to SELLA CONTROLS, after previously taking delivery of runback protection systems for use on the London Underground.
Please contact us for further information