- First Capital Connect - Customer Information System (CIS)
- London Underground - Runback Protection
- London Underground - SDO and CSDE
- London Underground Central Line Comms Control System Upgrade
- Network Rail - Sleeper Wagon Control Panels
- Nexus - Trainborne Trainstop Control
- Northern Rail Harrogate - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information Systems and Public Address Enhancements
- Southern Railway - Selective Door Opening (SDO)
- Trinity Rail - Automated Tipping Box Wagons
Application: Customer Information System (CIS)
Installation Area: Bedford, London, Wimbledon, Brighton
Client: First Engineering
First Engineering, on behalf of Network Rail and First Capital Connect, awarded a contract to Funkwerk Information Technologies Karlsfeld GmbH, (Funkwerk ITK GmbH) to supply a customer information system covering 23 stations from Bedford, through London to Wimbledon and Brighton.
The system architecture consists of a dual redundant CIS server installed at the West Hampstead Signal Box and connected via an IP network to the 23 station locations. At each station location, network equipment and Funkwerk Station Interface Units, (SIU) provide connections to display media and public address equipment.
First Capital Connect operational personnel are provided with access to the CIS control features via operator workstations. These provide visibility of national timetable data, train describer feeds and current operational performance. In addition to this, operators are able to select from a range of pre recorded announcements. These can then be broadcast to any station on the system.
Part of the scheme included the supply of the CIS solution for the new First Capital Connect station at St Pancras International. This station replaces the City Thameslink station at Kings Cross and will be the main terminus for First Capital Connect’s passengers arriving in London.
The system provides automatic announcements for all FCC services to any station at which it is in use. In addition to this the operators are able to broadcast prerecorded and live announcements. Funkwerk ITK targets the eventual supply of this system to all First Capital Connect stations.
Download Transport Infrastructure and Mobile Solutions brochure.
Download Integrated Communication Management Systems brochure.
Please contact us for further information