- Class 08 Shunting Locos - Radio Remote Control
- Locos - Radio Remote Control
- Locos - Wheel Slip/Slide
- First Capital Connect - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Invensys Rail - Doppler Radar Sensors
- Line 1 Metro Project, Tianjin - Indicators and Sensors
- London Underground - Runback Protection
- London Underground - SDO and CSDE
- London Underground Central Line Comms Control System Upgrade
- Network Rail - Sleeper Wagon Control Panels
- Nexus - Trainborne Trainstop Control
- Northern Rail Harrogate - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information System (CIS)
- Northern Rail - Customer Information Systems and Public Address Enhancements
- Southern Railway - Selective Door Opening (SDO)
- Trinity Rail - Automated Tipping Box Wagons
Application: Radio Remote Control for Shunting Locos
Installation Area: Canton, Cardiff, Wales
Client: DB Schenker Rail (UK) Ltd (Formerly EWS)
Hima-Sella completed a contract for DB Schenker (formerly English, Welsh and Scottish Railways Ltd) to convert 6 off Class 08 locomotives to fail safe radio remote control. The Class 08’s are fitted with the latest Sella-Theimeg TH-EC/LO fail safe radio remote control systems and meet the requirements of the British / European standard BS EN 50239. Hima-Sella was responsible for design and supplying the radio control equipment, wheel slip protection system and all electro- pneumatic interface equipment.
The locomotives have been improved with the introduction of a new throttle control system interfaced to a wheel slip protection system. Installation of all the equipment was carried out by Wabtec Rail and final commissioning by Hima-Sella Limited. The six loco’s 08466, 08752,08782, 08854, 08921 and 08951 are used at various sites in the UK.
Download Hima-Sella's Transport Infrastructure and Mobile solutions brochure.
Please contact us for further information