- BP Grangemouth - Jetty 4
- Compressor Station - Emergency Shutdown (ESD)
- Coryton Refinery, Burner Management System (BMS)
- Coryton Refinery - Emergency Shutdown (ESD)
- Grangemouth - Emergency Shutdown (ESD)
- Huntsman Jetty 3 Upgrade - SIL3 ESD
- Milford Haven - Emergency Shutdown (ESD)
- MOGAS, Fawley Protective Instrument System (PIS)
- OPC Shanghai - Emergency Shutdown (ESD)
- VOC Recovery, Teesside - Fire and Gas Detection
Application: Protective Instrument System (PIS)
Installation Area: Fawley, UK
Client: Foster Wheeler Energy Ltd
Hima-Sella supplied a number of systems to Foster Wheeler Energy Limited for use on the Esso / Exxon Fawley sulphur Free MOGAS Project. The Protective Instrument System (PIS) was designed and built according to Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 2 at IEC61508.
It is an independent free standing safety related system containing 4 separate emergency shutdown systems to oversee safe operation of the Feed Pumps, Recycle Gas Compressor, Furnace and Emergency Depressurising System. In addition to the main PIS, local panels, instrument interface and marshalling panels were supplied to cover control functions for local compressors and local heaters.
The Fawley Sulphur Free Mogas Project involves the construction of a new process plant comprising a splitter and SCANfiner. Currently supplying over 15 per cent of all oil products in the UK, the refinery is already the largest in the UK and one of the most complex in Europe, refining some 300,000 barrels of crude oil a day.
Download Hima-Sella's Safety Systems brochure here.
Please contact us for further information