- ACG Project, Central Azeri
- B-193 Wellhead Platforms - HIPPS
- Breagh Alpha - HIPPS and ESD
- Dragon LNG Import Terminal, HIPPS
- EnCana Buzzard, North Sea
- Hammerfest - ESD, HIPPS, SIS
- HIMax Programmable Electronic System (PES) at UK Refinery
- KårstØ Utbyggings - ESD with Marshalling
- KEP 2010 Kårstø Expansion Project
- Holford Gas Storage - ESD
- Maersk D and E - ESD and Fire and Gas Detection
- Mayflower and Cattedown - Tank Overfill Protection (TOPS)
- Occidental PS-1, ESD and Fire and Gas Detection
- Ormen Lange - HIPPS
- Pearl GTL Project - HIPPS
- Peru LNG Export - HIPPS
- Ratnagiri, India - Skid Mounted HIPPS
- Rosetta, Egypt - ESD and FGD
- SABIC UK Petrochemicals WGEP Pipeline - Safety Instrumented Systems
- Talisman Affleck over Clyde - HIPPS
- Tengiz, Kazakhstan - Programmable Electronic System (PES)
- Terra Nova FPSO - Emergency Shutdown ESD
- UK Refinery - High Integrity Alarm System
- UK Refinery - Site-wide PLC Upgrade
- Woqod LPG Bottling Plant, Doha - ICSS
- Zakum Gas Injection - HIPPS
Application: High Integrity Pressure Protection (HIPPS)
Installation Area: Dragon LNG Terminal, Milford Haven
Client: Whessoe Oil & Gas Ltd
SELLA CONTROLS was awarded a contract by Whessoe Oil & Gas Ltd to supply a High Integrity Pressure Protection System (HIPPS) for the Dragon LNG Import Terminal at Milford Haven.
The Dragon LNG Import Terminal, will import, store and regasify Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). The LNG is transported to the Dragon LNG Import Terminal by LNG carriers which will berth at the plant's jetty. The LNG will then be pumped into two storage tanks; LNG is then regasified and sent to customers along a gas pipeline connecting with the National Transmission System (NTS).
The High Integrity Pressure Protection System (HIPPS), provided by SELLA CONTROLS, comprises a H41qHS system in a single bay cabinet. The system is used to monitor vital pressure signals and will shut down the gas pumps at the terminal if required. The system provided by SELLA CONTROLS is required to meet Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2) in accordance with IEC 61508.
The Dragon LNG Import Terminal is set to operate continuously, 365 days a year. The terminal is capable of receiving LNG carriers of up to 217,000 cubic metres in capacity and sending out approximately 700,000 cubic metres of natural gas to the NTS per hour.
Download SELLA CONTROLS' HIPPS brochure.
Please contact us for further information