- ACG Project, Central Azeri
- B-193 Wellhead Platforms - HIPPS
- Breagh Alpha - HIPPS and ESD
- Dragon LNG Import Terminal, HIPPS
- EnCana Buzzard, North Sea
- Hammerfest - ESD, HIPPS, SIS
- HIMax Programmable Electronic System (PES) at UK Refinery
- KårstØ Utbyggings - ESD with Marshalling
- KEP 2010 Kårstø Expansion Project
- Holford Gas Storage - ESD
- Maersk D and E - ESD and Fire and Gas Detection
- Mayflower and Cattedown - Tank Overfill Protection (TOPS)
- Occidental PS-1, ESD and Fire and Gas Detection
- Ormen Lange - HIPPS
- Pearl GTL Project - HIPPS
- Peru LNG Export - HIPPS
- Ratnagiri, India - Skid Mounted HIPPS
- Rosetta, Egypt - ESD and FGD
- SABIC UK Petrochemicals WGEP Pipeline - Safety Instrumented Systems
- Talisman Affleck over Clyde - HIPPS
- Tengiz, Kazakhstan - Programmable Electronic System (PES)
- Terra Nova FPSO - Emergency Shutdown ESD
- UK Refinery - High Integrity Alarm System
- UK Refinery - Site-wide PLC Upgrade
- Woqod LPG Bottling Plant, Doha - ICSS
- Zakum Gas Injection - HIPPS
Installation Area: Offshore Western India
Client: Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
SELLA CONTROLS has supplied High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems (HIPPS) for use on five of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation’s (ONGC’s) unmanned well platforms; as part of the operator’s B-193 cluster development off Western India.
The HIPPS is a safety instrumented system designed to prevent over-pressurisation of downstream plant and equipment by isolating flows at source or at key points along a pipeline. Each HIPPS is independent of all other safety systems on the platforms - thus providing an isolated, fully autonomous and failsafe layer of protection – and comprises: three electronic pressure transducers; a dedicated HIQuad programmable electronic system (performing two-out-of-three voting on the transducers’ outputs) and HIPPS shutdown valve/actuator assemblies, each with dual solenoid valves (which are SIL 3 certified in accordance with BS EN 61508).
HIPPS panels are located in non-air-conditioned building modules on each platform and are powered from batteries which are kept topped up by solar panels. A particular challenge for this application was that the HIPPS had to draw very little power, and that was a driving factor in the selection of the HIMA HIQuad as the logic behind the system. SELLA CONTROLS acted as the technical authority for the project, producing system documentation including calculations for TUV to issue the SIL 3 certificates.
Download SELLA CONTROLS' HIPPS brochure.
Please contact us for further information